Vintage Alka-Kunst Alboth and Kaiser Phantasie KB, circa 1950s, Tea Cup and Saucer Trio Set Purple Tulip

Kondisi: Baik tanpa rekahan, the colour design and gild kelihatan seperti baru! Bentuk dan design adalah lain dari yang lain! Tiny marks in porcelain of the plate and on the side of the cup (see images).
Plate: Diameter 7¾ inci.
Tinggi cawan: 2 inci
Lebar cawan: 4 inci.
Piring: Diameter 6 inci.
Origin: Jerman
Marks on Base: Alka-Kunst Alboth and Kaiser Phantasie KB (Signed)- 1958

Trio set ini bermotifkan tulip bewarna purple. Direka dengan begitu cantik dengan warna emas untuk menampakkan ciri-ciri artistik dan mewah. Set ini juga amat sesuai dijadikan hadiah untuk orang tersayang yang menghargai nilai vintage. Kami menjanjikan perkhidmatan terbaik untuk anda. Appreciation kad dan poskad akan diberikan percuma untuk pelanggan Vintage Magic.

Sedikit sejarah mengenai Alka-Kunst Alboth and Kaiser Phantasie KB

Porzellanveredelung August Alboth (1872 until 1928)

In 1872 August Alboth established a small china-refining and decorating business in the town of Coburg. His son Ernst (*1868) later joined the business. After his father retired in 1899 Ernst decided to move the company from Coburg to a newly built factory in Kronach and the first few years of the new factory could still be enjoyed by August, who regulary visited the factory until he died in 1908. Ernst Alboth himself had two children: son Willy (who later joined his father in the company management in 1925) and daughter Erna. She married the Munich banker Georg Kaiser (born 1895) in 1922 and he joined Ernst Alboth as manager. In 1923 Erna then gave birth to their son, Hubertus Kaiser. After the death of Ernst Alboth in 1927, Willy Alboth (who had no children of his own) and Georg Kaiser decided to change the company name to 'AL-KA', a combination of the first two letters of each family name.

Porzellanfabrik AL-KA Kunst Alboth & Kaiser (1928 until 1951)

Over the next few years the factory successfully established its name in the market by not only producing an extensive series of giftware but also manufacturing a high-quality series of Rococo style lace figurines which was usually a domain of the Thuringian companies. Slowly expanding the company acquired the former 'Gebrüder Silbermann' porcelain factory located in the town of Hausen in 1938, serving as the main supplier for unmarked blanks used by the refining company in Kronach. In 1945 Hubertus Kaiser became partner of the company and in order to cope with new requirements after the war and the increased demand, first plans were made to build a new factory which combined the production and decoration sections. To achieve this, the company structure had to be changed so that partners could be won without allowing them too much influence.

Porzellanfabrik AL-KA Kunst Alboth & Kaiser K.G. (1951 until 1956)

After the needed changes, the company now was lead by a board of the three managers Georg Kaiser, Willy Alboth and Hubertus Kaiser. Further investors were quickly found and in 1953, new premises in the nearby town of Staffelstein were acquired in order to build the new factory there. Staffelstein was the perfect location as it was very close to the Hausen factory which would continue production until the new factory was completely finished and on the other hand it was close enough to the town of Kronach and its skilled workers. Three years later, the company was able to completely move to Staffelstein.

Alka Porzellanfabriken Alboth & Kaiser K.G., Staffelstein (1956 until 1970)

The move included a lot of changes for the company and the factory in Hausen was finally abandoned. After making sure that the company made a good start at the new location Georg Kaiser decided to slowly retire, so in 1961 the company was run by Willy Alboth and Hubertus Kaiser alone. By the time Georg Kaiser died in 1964, Willy Alboth's son Ernst had just joined the company.

Kaiser-Porzellanmanufaktur Staffelstein K.G. (1970 until 2001)

Shortly before 1970 the general direction of the company was re-focussed and a more export-related business was taken in mind, therefore it was decided to change the company name and alter the trademark to 'Kaiser-Porzellan' because the name 'Kaiser' was more melodious which of course would play an important role in foreign countries. During this period a lot of figurines based on designs by Giuseppe Cappé and Karl Tutter were produced and many designs for tableware were based on the work of people like K. Nossek. At the end of 1977 Ernst Alboth became manager, leading the company into a new and successful decade together with his father and Hubertus Kaiser.

In 1982 'Kaiser-Porzellan' could really claim to have become a worldwide trade name and especially among collectors as well as china-lovers the selected animal sculptures had become extremely desired. The 200th anniversary of the United States of America therefore saw the creation of a model of the U.S. national emblem and national bird - the bald eagle - in a strictly limited edition of 200 pieces, modelled in its natural size by the well-known Italian sculptor, Professor Guiseppe Tagliariol. The first finished piece, #001, was presented to U.S. President Ronald Reagan on October 5th 1982 by Hubertus Kaiser, who also presented #047 to the former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher on June 13th 1984.

Based on the ongoing increase of sales, a new factory building with over 7,000 square meters was built on the premises during 1985 which was followed by a state-of-the-art fast-firing-oven in 1986. Just as the company reaches its maximum turnover of DM 51 million, Willy Alboth died in 1991. His grandchild Hubertus Alboth steps into the company, but as a young manager he already saw the German porcelain market crumbling. After German reunification many former East German factories fell under State funding and these re-privatized companies received substantial financial help through the Treuhandanstalt, giving them a secure background which many struggling West German companies could not hope for as imports from Asia and other Eastern countries started to dominate the market.

But Hubertus Kaiser was still optimistic. In 1997, the company celebrated its 125th anniversary and even if it was proud to still be a completely family-owned business, the annual turnover had decreased to a mere DM 35 million. Various plans were made to save the company, but the battle is nearly hopeless. On December 17th 1998, an exhausted Hubertus Kaiser died, leaving the managers Hubertus and Ernst Alboth with 500 employees working for the company. As part of a social plan, 100 employees were laid off in 1999. The assortment was restructured to a more realistic 50% tableware, 40% gifts and 10% figurines, but still the annual turnover decreased to DM 26 million and so the overall workforce was reduced to 350 people early in the year 2000. Yet the turnover steadily decreased and the general crisis of the ceramic industry further strained the family company.

On October 27th 2000, managing director Hubertus Alboth requested initialisation of the insolvency procedure at the district court of Coburg. Even if it had been known for some time that business was behind expectations, the news came as a shock for the locals. On November 14th 2000, the Bavarian Minister of Economics Mr. Otto Wiesheu could only refer to the meetings which had taken place on October 5th and October 25th, trying to find a solution to at least save a large part of the jobs.

Chances where against the company and the odds were simply sickening. But the grey morning of December 28th 2000 saw the business being taken over by two investors out of the ceramics industry, the 'Pacific Crown Group Ltd.' and Hans-Peter Langsch. At this time a mere 130 workers were still employed and the last turnover obtained was about DM 23 million. But the takeover indicated a vital turning point and the provisional committee of creditors agreed to purchase only a day later, allowing Hans-Peter Langsch to take over management of the thus newly created 'Kaiser-Porzellan Manufaktur Staffelstein G.m.b.H. & Co. K.G.' on January 1st 2001.

Kaiser-Porzellanmanufaktur Staffelstein G.m.b.H. & Co. K.G. (2001 until ...)

And so the complete factory including the area with about 65,000 square meters located at 'Auwaldstrasse 8' came under management by the 'PM Kapital G.m.b.H. & Co. K.G.', complementarily with the 'PM Verwaltungs-& Beteiligungs G.m.b.H.', which also runs the factory outlet. The first months started out very promising and in May 2001 the workforce had already increased to 154 workers which partly even worked overtime. The month of July saw the conventional continuous firing kiln being replaced by a discontinuous firing chamber-kiln, an estimated investment of around DM 2 million. During the year 2002, the international political crisis and the substitution of the European currency lead to excessive structural changes in the entire ceramic industry regarding consumer demand and a drastic decline of the traditional product categories which were the prominent area of business of 'Kaiser-Porzellan', but workers and management remained positive.

After a good start into 2003 and an excellent response to the established changes in the collection, the Iraq crisis and the changing European markets lead to a further decline of demand in late spring, which made additional restructuring of the company necessary and on May 20th 2003 a new managing company, the 'Porzellan Design Bad Staffelstein G.m.b.H. & Co. K.G.', took over the operational activities. Successfully, size and internal organization of the company were once again adjusted to the change of demand and the complete collection was restructured and geared to target new audiences by 2007.

Mark Comments

Some Kaiser items carry the artist signature 'M. Frey' which belonged to the designer and artist Manfred Frey. Next to the common marks shown, Kaiser also registered a few design names including the series 'Maxima' and 'Schloßgarten'.

Antara backstamp keluaran Alka-Kunst Alboth and Kaiser Phantasie KB 

Sumber: porcelainmarksandmore


Post a Comment